Sunday, July 28, 2013

Living Up to Yourself


So we usually keep it pretty light around here but this weekend I've done a lot of pondering and hope that you don't mine me sharing.  I was blessed to be able to attend a funeral of a woman, that I knew, this past Saturday.  I didn't know her very well but had worked with her in some of our church functions.  As I sat thinking about her and her life, all I could think of was the amazing smile she always had for you.  She always let her light shine and was always there to lend a helping hand.

It's in times like these that I reflect on my own life.  See how I feel I am living up to the goals I have set for myself and how might my Heavenly Father feel if I were to die right now and head up to those pearly gates.  Would he be proud of me?  Probably.  Would he feel I could have done better?  Probably.  Would he still love me, despite my shortcomings?  Most definitely.  But as my work is not yet done here on the earth (since I am still alive currently) I ponder on how I can become better.  Be like those around me that I look up to.  As we all know that we are not perfect, I want to always have that desire to become better.  As much as I would like to look at a book and it enter my mind without me having to take the time to read (wouldn't that be fabulous!)  or decide I'm going to change and POOF it happens, I look forward to these little goals I have made.  My first is to actually read a book.  I can't remember the last book I read, so at least 1 hour a week I will read.  It's small and simple but as we all know that life is not simple, nor does it usually stay small, I look forward to seeing if I can make this goal happen.  What are your goals?  Who are those people that you wish you could be more like?  Take that one goal or that one attribute you like about someone else and begin integrating it into your life.  See where it takes you. Have fun with it!  No matter where life takes you, enjoy your journey!  If you find that your life isn't moving in the direction you were hoping for, find out what tweaks you need to make.  Set that new goal and go for it!  Thanks for letting me share with you today!
Enjoy your week!
Shellie

No comments: