Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's Pom Pom Time!

So for some reason I have a TON of yarn! Call me a craft hoarder or crazy but nonetheless I still have a ton of yarn.  I think it stems from the idea "it's on sale, so buy ALL of it!"  Anywho, just in case you missed it the first time, I have a lot of yarn.  So what should one do with all of this yarn?  Most would crochet or knit with it but that's WAY too simple(said with as much sarcasm as you can muster).  Plus, my crocheting level is still at a 1 and therefore should never be seen by anyone but me.  In pondering all of this, I decided to make some pom pom balls!  It's completely the perfect craft to take with you on the go!  These garlands have taken me about 2 months to finish.  This is due in large part because I hate not having something to do when I go somewhere, knowing that I will be sitting there for a long time and have nothing to do.  So I would leave this project to the side knowing that I would need it for those very instances.  AND the other reason is due to my arthritic hands.  Being 28 and having arthritis can be rather irritating (thanks grandma for passing that on!), but I just take long breaks in between using scissors for long periods of time.

Here's a sneak peek!  Aren't they so cute!  It reminds me of Truffula Trees from the Lorax!  How can they not make you smile!

I just love how they turned out!  I made them approximately 9 feet long so you can really get some use out of them! Using striped bakers twine was the perfect element to tie the different colors together.  Creating is so much fun, especially when you get to see the finished product.  More pics will be added on our Made it Monday post.  Keep your eye out!
~Shellie

No comments: